Product description: The BubbleBum Backless Inflatable Booster Car Seat is an inflatable booster seat for kids 4-11 years old, between 40-100 pounds and up to 4 feet 9 inches tall. It inflates by mouth through a screw valve at the back of the seat. It has strap guides for the lap belt, as well as a shoulder belt guide.
- Cost efficient.
- Super packable – weighs less than 1 pound.
- Quick inflation and deflation.
- Narrow base to fit three kids in a row.
- Easy to stick into a backpack or large purse – in case you might need to grab a taxi or an Uber.
- Can be used as an extra seat for carpooling, or stuck in your kid’s backpack if they are going to a friend’s house after school.
- An Amazon review claims it slipped to the floor in a minor car accident.***
Recommendation: Yes, but not as a replacement to your regular, everyday car seat or booster – this was designed by a mom who was frustrated at the availability of car seats while traveling abroad. In my opinion, this booster opens up more transportation options when traveling (i.e.: short taxi rides and Uber/Lyft rides,) and possibly saves you from having to rent a car and pack your regular car seats and boosters. We used this to get to and from the airport via Shuttle Bus on a recent trip — I was pleasantly surprised at how quick and easy it was to blow up, buckle my child in and then pack away once we arrived. I can hardly wait until our younger son is old enough to use one as well!
*** Having used the seat, I would guess the reviewer didn’t thread the lap belt properly through the BubbleBum’s strap guide.
Disclosure: Bubble Bum sent me a seat to review at no cost to me. Reviews are written as objectively as possible, however the opinions remain solely my own.