Product Description: The ERGObaby Ventus child carrier is a three position carrier for kids 7 – 45 pounds. (Babies up to 12 pounds, or without strong neck and head control should use the infant insert.) With this carrier you are able to place baby on your back, front or hip. It features a mesh panel to allow for breathability in hot climes or sweaty activities, such as hiking.
Can be purchased at Amazon.
- Hands free child carrying whether in the airport, on a hike or around town.
- Mesh panel means your child stays cooler, very big pro for me as we use this carrier in the tropics.
- Very durable, well made.
- Comes with a hood to protect baby from sun or light, also allows for discreet nursing if you can figure out how to do that while keeping child in carrier. (I haven’t.)
- Ergonomic design.
- Weighs only 1.5 pounds.
- Feels like it was made for a larger adult than my 5′ 5” self, when the hood is snapped in place it touches my neck.
- Underarm straps rub slightly on adult’s inner arm.
- Material is not as soft as the original ERGObaby carrier.
Recommendation: Ultimately, yes, I would recommend this to a friend. But only if they were moving to or traveling somewhere hot. I had used a different carrier for my first son, but since we are now living in the equatorial heat, I needed something that wouldn’t make my second son, or me, sweat as much. The mesh panel along the front allows heat to escape keeping both of us much cooler.