Product Description: The Phil & Ted’s Traveller travel crib is a lightweight and compact portacrib. It weighs just about 7 lbs without the inflatable mattress. Features a front zip-down panel (as shown in the picture above) as well as a top zip-off panel. Can be used for kids up to 45 lbs. Optional add-ons include a UV sun shade for use at the beach. 24.8 x 8.7 x 8.7 inches when packed.
Can be purchased at Amazon.
Note: Phil & Ted’s has a new version of the Traveller which sells for $199. It can be viewed here.
- Great for travel, fit easily into my suitcase, will also easily fit into an airplane’s overhead bin.
- Zip in mesh top panel keeps bugs away. This was a major pro for us in Panama.
- Mesh panels help keep the area dark for naps and bedtime, but also breathable.
- The price.
- Not super quick to put together, give yourself 5-7 mins. (Gets easier with practice.)
- A little annoying to fit everything back into the travel bag. (Again, gets easier with practice.)
Recommendation: Definitley, we would recommend this product to a friend. Not only a great place for our son to sleep, but nice to have a “play pen” of sorts for moments when we needed to avert our attention elsewhere. I would even choose this version over the newer, seems sturdier and blocks out more light for napping.