Before each trip I scour the internet for inspiration, tips, new tricks for traveling with kids and babies, and location specific information. In all this searching I have come across maaany a blog. Here are some of my favorite family focused travel blogs:
- An Emerald City Life – A fun travel & Seattle lifestyle blog covering local outings and international (and national) trips. I particularly love Terumi’s Places we’ve been page and love her tips for Eating out with kids (pack a distractor, check!) Did I mention she travels with twins?!
- Have Baby Will Travel– Great printable packing lists and logical tips and advice for traveling with kids, and flying with babies. I emailed Corinne with a question about travel consent forms for minors and was pleasantly surprised with a quick and informative response. Thanks Corinne!
- The Family Without Borders – A European couple with two young daughters, traveling the world. Inspiring trips include a 6-month journey around the Black Sea (with a 6-month old baby), and a 6-month journey form Mexico to Panama (with 2 kiddos in tow.) Winner of National Geographic Traveler’s (Poland) Best Travel Blog of the Year 2011.
- Bohemian Travelers – Another blog for inspiration. A traveling family of five (two parents, three boys) homeschooling (or “unschooling”) along the way. Lots of topics covered and honestly discussed. Not sure traveling with your kids is the right thing to do? This might change your mind: Intangible Things Kids Learn From Travel
- Delicious Baby – A popular and helpful blog by family travel pro, Debbie Dubrow. The site offers lots of tips, city guides and travel product reviews and ideas. Photo Friday is a good source of inspiration.
- Ciao Bambino – Very useful for actual travel planning, includes lots of firsthand hotel reviews. Most of this is common sense, but I find the General Travel Tips page helpful.
- Our Travel Lifestyle – An Australian traveling family of four. The Travel Diary is an enjoyable read, while the Tips and Planning tab is a wealth of information. (If you’re debating over what luggage to use, the post: What Bags Do We Travel With could help.)
- 3 On the Go Blog – A travel blog written by Michelle Summerville about family travel, kids, food, and general adventures living in the Big Apple with her husband and 2 year old son, Jake. We are big fans of her Jetset Junior series, as well as this post: 7 countries, 7 ways: What to Feed Your Kids While Traveling Abroad.